The da Vinci® Surgical System provides Penn State Hershey surgeons with an alternative to both traditional open surgery and conventional laparoscopy, putting a surgeon's hands at the controls of a state-of-the-art robotic platform. Our surgeons can perform even the most complex and delicate procedures through very small incisions with unmatched precision.
The goals with robotic-assisted surgery are to give the patients the opportunity for:
- Less pain, blood loss, and scarring
- Shorter hospital stays
- Faster recovery
- Earlier return to normal daily activities
The Penn State Hershey Robotics Program provides patients with excellence in robotic surgery:
- Multi-specialty teams in urology, pediatric urology, cardiothoracic, gynecology, reproductive endocrinology and ear/nose/throat
- Dedicated surgeons trained in the use of the latest robotic-assisted surgery techniques
- Experienced staff and support for multiple robotic-assisted procedures
- The most up-to-date robotic technology available.